Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gettin into Trouble

It's friday morning at 9am. Our flight is at 2pm, but we need to get to center city to have a couple of Bloody Marys with our travel gang before we fly out. We hop on the trolley and get down to Karl's place stopping at a deli to grab breakfast. Karl is sad to learn that we have not obtained "boozelets" yet, but cheers up considerably when he learns I am pounding a 4loco with my breakfast sandwhich.

After a couple of Bloody Marys and the other two travelers showing up we leave to stop at the liquor store for booze, and catch the 12pm train to the airport. It's a good thing we left early, because I realize after purchasing my nips that my inebriated self left my backpack in the apartment. I run back, borrow a key from the doorman, get my bag, and hustle with Kuhf to the train station in time to catch the 12:30 train which still gets us to the airport in time to get a 9 dollar beer before takeoff.

At the airport we discovered that I should not be allowed to drink and fly as I keep misplacing my passport and the travel itinerary. We have a 2 part flight, so since we're still buzzed from the morning drinks we save the nips for the later flight. Our layover is only 45 minutes, and we land a couple of minutes late, and my still inebriated self couldn't find my jacked which was under my seat. which results in us running the last leg of the terminal because of the "last call" announcement.

Since our second flight is to Vegas, me and Kuhf get some good info from the man sitting in our row about places to check out, and what it's like. He is thoroughly amused by our nips plan. I must admit I had never thought to bring them on the plane, assuming that TSA would confiscate them. It turns out that assumption was partly on, because the stewardess was not thrilled when we handed her our empty bottles. Apparently we broke an FAA regulation... oops. Our neighbor also finds this amusing, and we do too. Everyone else in our party tells us we are idiots when we relay this story to them, and rightfully so.

Once we get to the airport, we get cars and get to the Tropicana, our place of residence. We have a room in one of the wings but have back-door access to a small pool which bodes well for the weekend.

No comments: