Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Famous Daves!!!


Today is awesome. Famous Dave's was on the menu for lunch so that makes everyone happy. For lunch we had fried catfish, chopped pork, and beef brisket as the meats with corn bread, baked beans, corn on the cob, and a bunch of other stuff that didn't fit on my plate for sides. From the past 2 weeks it seems like Wednesday is gonna be the best day of the week for lunch. (Last week we had crab/shrimp cakes that were amazing)

At first when I found out my company offered free breakfast and lunch on site I figured it would be fairly decent cafeteria type food. When I found out they get really good stuff I started to wonder how much money they spend on offering free food. While pondering that, I realized it is actually a great idea. Because the food is high quality stuff, everyone stays at the office to eat which minimizes people taking long lunch breaks to go down town, or even just take their time at a place across the street. With no area to eat food, everyone happily takes their free meal back to their desk where they maybe check a few Internet columns before returning to work. Also, getting better food insures that employees take advantage of the opportunity and means the food will not go to waste at the end of the day.

No comments: